Hi Matevz,

-----Original Message-----
From: Matevz Tadel
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 12:38 PM

I'm finally going to implement this at UCSD.
>>What's the "this"?

Brian sort of mentioned that this
might be possible by just running two cmsd-s at the redirector ... one for
haddop/shared space and another one for the nfs space. Is this really
possible?
>>>Absolutely, this is done all the time when you try to merge incompatible
>>>options.

So, I'd need to use xrootd.export, oss.export in the original xrootd config
and
use cms.export (or all.export) for the additional cmsd. Looking at the code,
"oss" does not seem to take "oss.export" version, only "all.export" ... is
this
even relevant on the redirector? That is, is just "xrootd.export"
sufficient?
>>>There is only all.export. though I must admit, the config file does allow
>>>you to break that up by compoenent (i.e. cms, oss). We really don't
>>>support that and probably should close that loophole because it makes the
>>>config file almost impossible to decipher. The export does matter to the
>>>redirector as these identify the paths to be exported to its
>>>meta-manager.

Alternatively, I will run another xrootd/cmsd pair (on another port) with a
static prefix-based redirect from the original redirector.
>>>That would certainly be the simplest way to do it.

Andy