Hi Andy,

On 10/05/12 16:48, Andrew Hanushevsky wrote:

>> Why doesn't the xrootd.redirect kick in?
> Because you can't have "all" and a path at the same time. See,
>
> http://xrootd.org/doc/dev/xrd_config.htm#_Toc310725361

Yes, that's what I was looking at :) The '|' there is slightly confusing.

> You probably want
>
> xrootd.redirect localhost:1095 /tas

Yes, and it seems to work now, also without the "all.export /tas".

> but that only redirects open requests to that path. If you also want all the
> other operations to be immediately redirected then add
>
> xrootd.redirect localhost:1095 all
>
> but this will redirect everything that isn't an open regardless of path.

I want this, too ... but only for /tas path. Why is this not possible?

> I think I'm still unclear what you really want to do. You have a hadoop system
> and also an nfs system. One xrootd exports the hadoop and the other exports nfs
> space. Both are considered to be "dfs" style filesystems. So, I would think
> exporting both under the "dfs" option would work fine for you. That's why I
> guess I'm confused.

Mostly true ... only NFS is NOT dfs, each server there has separate files,
exported with different prefixes (/tas-5, /tas-3 ... ok, there is also /tas/
which serves a common namespace from two servers, but it is still not dfs).

What I want: :)
1. I have to distinct namespaces and two redirectors for those spaces.
2. Problem is they are both running on the same machine.
3. I want the redirector on the standard port number to blindly forward all
requests for the other namespace to another redirector on the same machine.

Does this makes sense now?

Matevz