Hi Andy,

On 10/05/12 18:24, Andrew Hanushevsky wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Oct 2012, Matevz Tadel wrote:
>
>>> xrootd.redirect localhost:1095 all
>>>
>>> but this will redirect everything that isn't an open regardless of path.
>>
>> I want this, too ... but only for /tas path. Why is this not possible?
> Because you are the first person to request this. But no matter, don't use
> static redirects to accomplish this (see below).
>
>> Mostly true ... only NFS is NOT dfs, each server there has separate files,
>> exported with different prefixes (/tas-5, /tas-3 ... ok, there is also /tas/
>> which serves a common namespace from two servers, but it is still not dfs).
>>
>> What I want: :)
>> 1. I have to distinct namespaces and two redirectors for those spaces.
>> 2. Problem is they are both running on the same machine.
>> 3. I want the redirector on the standard port number to blindly forward all
>> requests for the other namespace to another redirector on the same machine.
> Simply subscribe the /tas redirecor to the master redirector. Then even with
> "dfs immed" it should work because the client is being redirected to the /tas
> redirector for anything that has to do with that namespace and a redirector is
> essentially a dfs.
>
>> Does this makes sense now?
> Yes. Does what I just suggested make sense to you?

Yes ... and it works now! Thanks :)

Brian and I shared some fun to get it configured correctly. The first attempt:
   all.manager xrootd.t2.ucsd.edu:1214
   all.manager xrootd.t2.ucsd.edu:1213 if xrootd.t2.ucsd.edu
failed, cmsd was saying port is already in use. Changing the order helped:
   all.manager xrootd.t2.ucsd.edu:1213 if xrootd.t2.ucsd.edu
   all.manager xrootd.t2.ucsd.edu:1214
but then the stuff from lower manager was not seen at top ucsd redirector.

Finally Brian figured that this works:
   all.manager meta xrootd.t2.ucsd.edu:1213 if xrootd.t2.ucsd.edu
   all.manager xrootd.t2.ucsd.edu:1214
but the top (1213) manager is still running with role manager (not meta manager).

Yay, etc!

Thanks again!
Matevz