PhoSim users-

I have tagged and released version 3.2.1 of the photon simulator!  This is a particularly stable and well-tested version that incorporates much of the development of this Fall.

The major new features are:

1)  Increased installation usability: a simplified installation (just configure & make), cleaner directory separation of code/data/binaries, etc.
2)  Easier user interface:   the phosim script has a number of command line switches  (try out:  phosim -h) & there are now meta-commands that encapsulate a number of more esoteric commands (i.e. clearturbulence)
3)  Enhanced validation:  we now have 83 validation metrics from the integration & unit tests that are run many times before releasing a version
4)  Background photons are simulated as regular astrophysical photons  (now faster & more fully tested)
5)  Perturbation framework is implemented (the old perturbation model is still functioning, but once we get the camera & telescope data installed perturbations will be based on a physics finite element description)
6)  Airglow has a spatial dependence (see the nice image that En-Hsin made below)
7)  More documentation!:

Our documentation is here:

http://dev.lsstcorp.org/trac/wiki/IS_phosim

The release notes associated with 3.2.1 is here:

http://dev.lsstcorp.org/trac/wiki/IS_phosim_usability

We have a walkthrough & installation guide for new users which you can follow here:

https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/LSSTDESC/phoSim+Walkthrough

The easiest way to download a single version is to use this link:

http://dev.lsstcorp.org/cgit/LSST/sims/phosim.git/refs/

Cheers,

john