Dear Higgs Snowmass Contributors,

The first dedicated workshop on the discussion of the future of the Higgs physics program will be Jan. 14-15 at Princeton University.
The agenda is here:
http://physics.princeton.edu/snowmass
The first two sessions of the first day and the first session of the second day are organized by physics topic (and led by the named convener):
Couplings and Width (Heather),
Spin and Mixtures (Andrei),
Multiple Higgs Models (Sally).
Here we plan to hear from both experimental groups and theorists.  The idea is to gain an understanding of the precision
and range of measurements that need to be achieved to potentially observe deviations from standard model physics.  This will provide a focus for the experimental groups,  and, similarly, we hope to hear what the experimental groups believe they can achieve in various scenarios for the future Higgs program.  There will be time for discussion and we welcome participation and an active contribution of ideas.

We will also have a session on
Higgs Factory Physics (Jianming)
where we highlight dedicated measurements that can be achieved in the context of different accelerator and detector setups.

One session will focus on
Simulation Tools (Rick)
and to some extent the range of assumptions going into the modeling of detector capabilities and background processes, beam backgrounds, and high pileup conditions.

We will try to recap the proposals for the future Higgs program with a session highlighting the current understanding of the
Ultimate Physics Reach (Chris)
in the Higgs sector.
Finally, we will end the workshop with an open discussion to get feedback on the Snowmass report process and how to organize the compilation of the work into a written document by early summer.

We hope to see you at the workshop, and we will provide remote access for interactive participation in the discussion with
connection information posted on the agenda page above.
Best,
Chris
for the Higgs EF committee

[log in to unmask] (Sally Dawson)
[log in to unmask] (Andrei Gritsan)
[log in to unmask] (Rick Van Kooten)
[log in to unmask] (Heather Logan)
[log in to unmask] (Jianming Qian)
[log in to unmask] (Chris Tully)

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the SNOWMASS-HIGGS list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SNOWMASS-HIGGS&A=1