My problem, I think,  is that I have local changes to lcsim so I need to be able to compile that and use that with my local version for hps-java. How do I do that? The hps-java pom points to 2.8-snapshot.

If I go to my lcsim (with some minor local mods) and do cvs up and then compile I get:

[log in to unmask] ~/work/HPS/software/reco/lcsim > mvn clean install -DskipTests=true
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.lcsim:lcsim:2.8-SNAPSHOT (/Users/phansson/work/HPS/software/reco/lcsim/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Failure to find org.lcsim:lcsim-parent:pom:2.7-SNAPSHOT in http://lcsim.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of lcsim-maven has elapsed or updates are forced and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 26, column 13 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

I don't understand this versioning. If I have cvs-head on lcsim shouldn't the pom have the latest snapshot as the version it will build? Why does it point to 2.7-snapshot for lcsim if I have the HEAD? This way hps-java will look at the 2.8-snapshot of lcsim (since I'm in the HEAD for hps-java) but the HEAD version of lcsim build the older snapshot. Doesn't feel right to me but I guess I'm confused.

/Pelle