Jacek,

>  - bigger issue: apps code does not produce all columns
>    we need (eg ra/decl for ForcedSources not there), so
>    we need to post-process data they produce
>  - would be nice if pipelines code would do that
>     --> talk to KT about it

	I don't think this is going to happen easily.  Robert would like
to work entirely in x/y space; RA/dec is an add-on convenience.  While
it's not totally unreasonable to expect that the Object x/y and Exposure
WCS (which then allows the computation of the Object RA/dec) will be
available when ForcedSources are computed, I think there are going to be
other tables that are more difficult to do this for (e.g. DiaSource,
where the mapping to Object will not be known until after the DiaSources
are generated).

	I think it would be better for you to plan to load per-Object
RA/dec (and objectId, of course) into the partitioner and also be
prepared to load Object-to-Foo match tables while loading the Foo table.

	We can do all this computation/pre-join as a separate pass, but
someone is going to have to do it, and it might as well be the qserv
partitioner/loader.

--
Kian-Tat Lim, LSST Data Management, [log in to unmask]