Attendees: Serge, Daniel, Bill, Jacek

Serge
  - has workable design for the partitioner,
    implementing, need few more days

Daniel
  - export paths almost done, all tested, need to
    do final integration tests
  - then finishing parser, then shared scans
  - shared scans: ~2 weeks initial implementation,
    ~ 2 months total to complete

Jacek
  - working on qserv + metadata integration,
    might have it working in ~a week

Bill
  - issues with pluming, need to talk to Daniel
  - planning to finish error handling, maybe this
    week, and start work on fault tolerance

Helping Dave Monet
  - Dave run into issues in his local mysql and on lsst10
  - queries we saw him running in the past: dump
    everything from a given very large box
  - based on emails, queries he needs to run involve
    light curves for bright stars
  - existing data layout for ForcedSource not great
    (ccd-based)
  - pipeQA probably operates ccd-at-a-time, sorting
    the way we planned (by objectId) would help Dave
    but would make pipeQA worse
    --> need to check with pipeQA about access patterns
  - long term possibility: each replica sorted differently
     - would require some smarts in query scheduler
       to take advantage of this

new xrootd client
  - agreed on api with AndyH
  - Andy will provide a header
  - Daniel will figure which parts of qserv will be affected
    - parts of worker will need to be changed for sure
  - timescales:
     - implementing new client ~ 1 month
     - then integration 1-2 months
        - might not finish before large scale tests (late June)
          (Daniel busy with shared scans)
  - we will have new threading model on the master
    implemented before large scale tests
    - should help a lot with concurrency
    - having new threading model makes new xrootd client
      less critical
  - xrootd git branch
    - we are using special "lsst" branch of xrootd
      - features on that branch not exercised (eg related
        to load reporting and resource loading)
      - new client will be on the main branch of xrootd
      - we will switch

Technical Meeting
  - August 12 – 16 in Tucson
  - planning to have lots of internal qserv discussions
   (Daniel, Douglas, Serge, Jacek all going)

Jacek