Hello Jacek,

Following yesterday meeting, Douglas and Daniel told us about your work on
metadata. Could you please explain us and give us links about metadata ?

As we understand it, metadata will hold information such as:
  - Table schemas
  - Data file location and formats (CSV, TSV, GZ)
  - Partitioning parameters (#stripes, Overlapping)

We need such information in order to launch tests, so for now we have
implemented a dataconfig object holding all the data we need. For instance we
try to compute the column index directly from the Schema files. We would like to
use the same code for data tests loading and for PT11 loading.

In order to merge code dealing with this kind of metadata, could you please
review our contributions in the 2014 ticket ? You could start looking in the
tests/python/lsst/qserv/sql/dataconfig.py file.

PS: If there is any problem regarding the transfert of Winter2013 data to CC
please let us know.

Thanks,