Hi all,

We have begun the process of generating background samples.   We will soon launch large-scale generation of common samples to aid analysts doing BSM/Top/Higgs studies, but in order to get analysis pipelines moving and learn more about sample needs, we have generated an initial set of small samples, with 50k events in each sample:

	http://amanda.uci.edu/~daniel/snowmass2013/index.html

The generation was done using Madgraph5, Pythia and DELPHES v2 with the ATLAS card and no pileup.  [ We did what was easily available. Final samples may use v3 of DELPHES, and a more general detector parameterization ]  Parton-level LHE files, and DELPHES-level text and ROOT files are available.

Please take a look, let us know what additional processes you will need, and use these first samples to become familiar with the formats and estimate the size of the samples you will need.

Already known are:
- the samples need to be filtered to be smaller. Most of the size is due to storing the parton-level info of every parton after the showing, meaning zillions of soft gluons
- the samples need to use ME+PS for higher jet multiplicity

Cheers,
Daniel, Markus, Liantao, Meena, Yuri