Hi Tommaso,

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013, Tommaso Boccali wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2013, at 15:09 , Andrew Hanushevsky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> well, I think this is inside my ad hoc recall script (I copy one in
> /afs/pi.infn.it/user/boccali/public/xrootd_mycomp/copy.sh ? probably not
> the last one but close) called via copycmd
>
> I do not create any tmp file, I just ask GEMSS via a file interface (ou
> probably are not too much interested in the details) to bring the file
> online. And I exit==0 if all fine, exit==1 if not.
OK, this may be the side-effect of you specifying noalloc. I will check
that out.

> This appears to work fine. I was also worrying a bit about the
> appearence of .fail files, but they do not seem to happen (which I like,
> if they would they would even migrate on tape!)
You can always relocate the ".fail" files to another directory/filesystem
that does not migrate them. Use the "oss.xfr" directive with the "fdir"
option. We specifically put that in to not dirty up the name space  when
people export the filesystem with nfs. It also works quite nicely in your
case as well.

>  Another detail was the one you spotted (!): if recall exits with ==1, I
  should not unlink the tmp file since there is no tmp file? an Unlink()
  would delete the file also from tape!
Exactly, I will verify that this does not happen. But it should just
unlink a temprary file if one actually is being used. Otherwise, it should
do nothing. However, I will make sure this is the case.

> when the code hits a binary release I will be happy to test!
Great!

> I can even use the git code, if that comes able to build rpms via
> rpmbuild ? is that the case?
Indeed it does. We automatically build the rpms for git head. I'll get
back to you on where to find them. Which Linux release are you using?

Andy