Hello,

I am in the midst of a reorganization of SimDist.

My primary objective here is removing all dependencies on the external CLHEP package, as Geant4 now contains its own copy of these sources.

Also, I am updating my build system to use a CMake build for Geant4, as the Make-based build system it has used in the past is now deprecated and will probably be removed in the near future with the next major Geant4 release.

There are a number of other changes that will happen as I go over the build systems of the various packages like GDML, LCDD and SLIC and re-tool them with the above in mind.

So, for the next few weeks at least, the head of SimDist is going to be quite unstable.

Consequently, I suggest using the following tags if you're generating your own slic binaries:

pre_geant4_cmake_build => made today

v1r0p1 => last know good release

I currently have a batch only build with default options based on Geant4 CMake working on my local machine, so the head happens to be in a more-or-less working state (if you know which magic incantations to issue at the command line in the right order).  For now, GDML, LCDD and SLIC will all pull from the CVS head by default.

So please be careful about pulling from the SimDist head if you are building slic yourself, as you may get a buggy/non-working version.  In fact, it is probably best to stick to the tags mentioned above until further notice.

And BTW, the Mac/OSX builds have become highly problemmatical lately now that GCC is no longer the default compiler on that platform.  More on that later probably.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.  (Replying to one of the lists is probably fine.)

--Jeremy