On Apr 25, 2013, at 4:18 PM, Kaustubh Sadanand Agashe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I mean to mention this at end of the phone meeting, but the time ran out. So, let me do it here: a somewhat similar (to the Higgs) question
> can be raised for the top quark, i.e., new physics at TeV-ish scale (related to EWSB) is likely to affect Higgs AND top quark properties
> (Higgs is obvious, but top quark is also plausible given that it couples most strongly - among all SM particles - to Higgs)...but, even after almost 20 years of its discovery, top quark
> properties (e.g., coupling to Z, W) have not been precisely measured: LHC can do it to some extent, but maybe ILC is better (?)...
>
> Regards,
>
> Kaustubh Agashe

hi Kaustubh,
			ATLAS submitted studies of rare top decays to European Strategy Forum and these are public. It would be interesting to know if these are some of the top properties of interest in what you are saying.  Then, one can ask how well the ILC would do on these properties.

			The other theoretical point you might educate me on - the top quark shows up in many EWK loops (where couplings to W and Z would matter) in rare decays of bottom and charm and strange mesons - I thought these rare decays constrained top couplings tightly. Is this not true?

regards,
Ashutosh