OK, I see the issue now. It's how timeouts are handled. Seems that just as there was a timeout, the Enable() method was called from another thread for the same object that is in the process of calling the timeout callback. It seems rather suspicious that someone should do that because it means that the channel is being re-enabled while it's was enabled for timeouts. That does mean that it quite likely that the timeout callback will be called in any case. Was this really intended? I pushed a patch that should hopefully fix the deadlock.