Actually, the best approach is probably putting the following into your local settings file at ~/.m2/settings.xml to point to the remote repository:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<settings>
    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <id>MyNameGoesHere</id>
            <activation>
                <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
            </activation>
            <repositories>
                <repository>
                    <id>lcsim-maven</id>
                    <name>org.lcsim Maven Repository</name>
                    <url>http://lcsim.org/maven2</url>
                    <releases>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                        <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
                        <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
                    </releases>
                    <snapshots>
                        <enabled>true</enabled>
                        <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
                        <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
                    </snapshots>
                </repository>
            </repositories>
        </profile>
    </profiles>
</settings>

Then all projects should have access to the lcsim Maven repository regardless of whether it is explicitly listed in the POM file's repositories section.

--Jeremy