GO SLACCERS!!

On May 6, 2013, at 5:27 AM, "Robert L" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

The SLAC O50 team had a good match on a hot day at Terman on Saturday and extended their unbeaten streak to three tying Universitario 3 – 3. Universitario was the very first team we met this season and this is the second time we tied them. Thinking that first game was one we could have won, It was really disappointing when they jumped out to an early 2 – 0 lead on some rather lucky goals.

But Lars made an early contribution by getting taken down once again, this time just outside the penalty box. The free kick was taken by a very valuable ringer named Raul who played up front for us and his shot found its way in though I am not sure who touched it last. The score was 2 – 1 at half time.

Early in the second half a long ball from Boni, who had a fantastic game in goal, was almost over my head and so I headed it forward and Raul raced behind the defenders, beat the goalie nicely and put it in for the tie.

We were fairly dominant in the second half but they got another goal on a corner kick. They had a very tall forward who was always in the box on these pieces but the ball was played short which let the tall guy come unmarked and he found his way back in close to head a low ball in.

The game was tied again on a nice goal by Jesus on an assist by Rene.

Late in the game Lars dribbled through their defense beating everyone and beating the goalie for what looked like a sure easy goal but somehow he missed it and the game ended in a tie.

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the SLAC-SOCCER-L list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SLAC-SOCCER-L&A=1

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the KLYSTRON-SOCCER list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=KLYSTRON-SOCCER&A=1