Dear Colleagues,
 Please take note of the following message detailing important changes to the LC
organizations in the Americas.
Sincerely,
Norman Graf

Dear Colleagues:

In response to the launching of the international Linear Collider Collaboration (LCC) in February, the linear collider community in the Americas has been discussing the evolution of existing local organizations that have supported involvement in the GDE and the WWS over the past decade or more. The ALCPG (Americas Linear Collider Physics Group), led by Jim Brau at Oregon, and the LCSGA (Linear Collider Steering Group of the Americas), chaired by Paul Grannis at Stony Brook, have served very important roles over this period in organizing and promoting efforts and international coordination on physics and detectors (ALCPG) and the linear collider itself (LCSGA). They have done a superb job of supporting the significant contributions from the Americas in advancing the case for an energy frontier linear collider and the development of current mature design for ILC and its detectors.

Now that the LCC has been established with a mandate that includes both the ILC and CLIC machine development efforts,  and the corresponding detector and physics efforts, we are evolving to a new organizational structure as well for the Americas. The Americas Linear Collider Committee (ALCC) encompasses both machine and detector coordination efforts into one coordinating organization, thereby at the regional level reflecting the structure already established internationally. The more complete description for the ALCC and the expected role is attached.

Paul Grannis in his capacity as LCSGA Chair set up a nominating committee (Jonathan Bagger, Mike Harrison, Lia Merminga, Pier Oddone, Andy White and myself) to establish the initial membership of the ALCC, and I am reporting on behalf of this group. Following the guidelines of the initial charter, we are proposing the following members:

Jonathan Bagger Johns Hopkins
Pier Oddone             Fermilab
David MacFarlane        SLAC
Lia Merminga    TRIUMF
Hugh Montgomery JLab
Nigel Lockyer   TRIUMF
Harry Weerts    ANL
Jim Brau                Oregon
Graham Wilson   Kansas
Mike Harrison   BNL
Marc Ross               SLAC
Maury Tigner    Cornell
Joe Lykken              Fermilab
Andy White              UT Arlington
Paul Grannis    Stony Brook

In addition, the nominating committee proposes Harry Weerts as Chair for the ALCC. Harry also serves as the Americas Regional Representative on the LCC management team, so this choice will maintain a tight connection between the LCC and the ALCC through Harry's dual role.

I would like to thank Paul Grannis and Jim Brau for their service to the linear collider community through the LCSGA and ALCPG, and look forward to working with our colleagues on the ALCC and in the broader international community in advancing a linear collider to the next stage.

Regards,
David MacFarlane