Fabrice

> Of course we can have a look a it.

That is great!

> Is there additional instructions for b) point ? If yes, could you send
> it to us ?

1) Have a RunDeepForcedSource table ready. It should not be
    a production database, because we will be doing bad things
    to it.

2) Disable indexes (alter table RunDeepForcedSource disable index,
    than )

3) do not use that table through mysql while doing everything
    below. Either shut down mysqld, or run "flush cache" and
    don't touch that table

4) then test myisamchk, note that this is command line tool

time /usr/local/mysql/bin/myisamchk
    -v -t <tmp_dir>
    --force
    -o
    --update-state
    -p
    --key_buffer_size=8M
    --sort_buffer_size= <~1/2 of your RAM available>
    --read_buffer_size=16M
    --write_buffer_size=16M
    <mysql data dir>/<db>/RunDeepForcedSource.MYI

that will most likely fail, see
https://dev.lsstcorp.org/trac/wiki/mysqlLargeTables

Then apply the patch and retry, Monty mentioned some
extra switches (--force --force, etc), see his email,
and try them

Please capture output (and the timing!) for each
thing you run.

it is probably better to use a machine that has
reasonable amount of memory (say 32 or 64G), not
insanely large amount of memory (on a machine with
256G ram I couldn't reproduce this problem).

It is important that the <tmp dir> has enough space,
at least the size of one copy of RunDeepForcedSource.*
files.

thanks
Jacek