Hello EF Conveners,

We will have our weekly EF Convener's phone call tomorrow, Thursday.

Energy Frontier Conveners' meeting

  May 16: 11:00 PDT / 2:00 EDT
         Contact information:

        You call:    domestic...     (877)287-0283
                         international...(303)433-0165

        participant code: 290-043

We will start the meeting promptly and end promptly after 1 hour.

Agenda items

0. Update on plans for Seattle

In particular:

- Status of plenary and panel invitations

- Status of invitations to CF and IF overlap people - what is it?

1. Discussion of ATLAS and CMS whitepapers and schedule

2. Status of background sample generation...Meenakshi will summarize

3. Upcoming (in an hour) discussion with overall Snowmass conveners.

4. AOB?

5. A couple more questions from CF conveners:

• HE5.  What kind of slop is present when we tune tools such as Pythia to handle non-perturbative QCD at colliders?  Do current uncertainty estimations really do justice or are there systematic effects in the modeling/choice of tool that could be larger?  Is it possible we are tuning away subtle interesting and novel effects from new physics? How can we be sure?

• HE6.  What is the reasonable target for flavor and CP violation, given no hints for any BSM effects in this direction?

Thank you,

Chip and Michael
Raymond Brock  *  University Distinguished Professor
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Michigan State University
Biomedical Physical Sciences
567 WIlson Road, Room 3210
East Lansing, MI  48824
sent from: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

cell: (517)927-5447
MSU office: (517)353-1693/884-5579
open fax: (517)355-6661
secure fax: (517)351-0688