From: Meenakshi Narain <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Snowmass meetings - LPC and CERN
Date: May 20, 2013 4:43:34 PM GMT+02:00
To: uscms-all <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Meenakshi Narain <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to bring to your attention two informal gatherings
for Snowmass 2013 studies. If you are interested in joining these discussions,
please subscribe  to [log in to unmask] .

1) At the LPC, we meet on Wednesdays  at 20:00 CERN. This meeting is
devoted to discussion and development of tools for snowmass studies,
background samples, and physics topics of interest to the participants.
There is a vidyo connection for this meeting.
The meeting is open to all members of the community.

(contacts: Sanjay Padhi, Meenakshi Narain)

2) An effort "Snowmass at CERN" is organized to bring
together all the people at CERN (ATLAS, CMS and any possibly
theorists) who are interested in contributing to Snowmass or just
interested in learning what is happening in preparation for Snowmass.
The main goal is to connect people looking for ways to contribute
with those who are already actively involved and perhaps missing
manpower, and to keep CERN-based people more integrated with
the overall Snowmass efforts.
The plan is to have weekly lunch-time (informal) meetings without
Vidyo to discuss recent progress in various areas
(tools/samples/sensitivity studies, etc..).
The Snowmass working group conveners are also being invited to
advertise opportunities in the different working groups. The first
meeting is scheduled on Thu May 23, noon-1 pm in 42-3-002.

(contacts: Keti Kaadze/CMS and Gabriella Sciolla/ATLAS)

Regards,
Keti Kaadze, Sanjay Padhi, Jim Olsen, Meenakshi Narain

Begin forwarded message: