Lukasz, why did not you use the 'params' field(s) you have in XrdClURL? That looks the natural place where to pass KRB5CCNAME or similar env settings; passing KRB5CCNAME=/tmp/krb5cc_QQWIUQIWUE1239873 as user field in the URL is ugly; unless you intended to pass just the user ID or name, but the you are less flexible.
I would leave the change that you did for "username" and "password" and add a loop over the param map to add all those settings into the XrdOucEnv.
In this case we cover all the cases in the most generic way.