OK, I finally have a test case that fails. It seems that this will require changes in the new xrdcp as well. The semantic issue is when I do something like:

xrdcp root://host//file1?opq1 root://host//file2?opq2 -DSopq3

Semantically, you would say that file1 should include opq1 and opq3 while file2 should include opq2 and opq3. None of the current code does this because prior to this time we never accepted opaque information as part of the file name spec. I assume this is what we realy would like to do. I would also say that opq3 whould always precede the opaque information specified with the file to allow for specific over-rides. Yes?