Hi Henrik, Andrea,

I am very happy to collaborate.
I have started making an xrootd puppet module, which is general and extensible.
It now works together with a dpm-xrootd module defining extra variables and parameters and hiding some of the configuration complexity to the user.

The xrootd part should be invoked through
class{"xrootd::config":}
class{"xrootd::install":}
class{"xrootd::service":}
plus two functions after config, which create the configuration files:
create_config{"config_disk":}
create_config{"config_redir":}
create_sysconfig{"sysconfig":}

so in all it looks like this in your manifest:
class{"xrootd::config":}
create_config{"config_disk":}
create_config{"config_redir":}
create_sysconfig{"sysconfig":}
class{"xrootd::install":}
class{"xrootd::service":}

If you are interested to have a look at the code, checkout the test branch from here:
[log in to unmask]:./public/repo/punch-modules
It's the punch module repo with the xrootd and lcgdm::xrootd modules added (and some minor changes throughout so it works without hiera)

I am happy to help dig through the code and try it!

Cheers
Martin

--
Martin Hellmich                    Information Technology Department
[log in to unmask]               CERN