Hello,

I've been running through the confluence site's instructions on installing
and running the software. The installation instructions work pretty well -
lcsim and hps-java install as suggested, as does SLIC. (hps--detectors
still requires an additional change in the maven settings file, though,
which is not listed in the explanation. Should this be required?)

I do run into an issue with JAS3, though. The lcsim plugin appears to
install correctly, but then when I reload JAS3, I get this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/freehep/record/loop/event/RecordLoopListener
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2406)
    at
org.freehep.application.studio.Studio.initializePlugin(Studio.java:257)
    at org.freehep.application.studio.Studio.loadPlugins(Studio.java:307)
    at org.freehep.application.studio.Studio.loadExtensions(Studio.java:110)
    at org.freehep.application.studio.Studio.init(Studio.java:77)
    at org.freehep.jas.JAS3.init(JAS3.java:132)
    at org.freehep.application.Application.createFrame(Application.java:735)
    at org.freehep.jas.JAS3.main(JAS3.java:231)

The WIRED4 plugin seems to work fine. Any thoughts on this? Also, I noticed
that the main install instructions (
https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/Installing+HPS+Software)
don't indicate to install WIRED4 base or the lcsim plugin. Should it? I
installed them, since another set of instructions (
https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/ilc/Installing+JAS3) did say
to.

Next, I attempted to follow the "Generating Monte Carlo Data" tutorial. The
command it says to run is

./SimDist/scripts/slic.sh -g [LCDD_FILE] -i [StdHEP_File] -x -o
[OutFileName] -r 10000

I don't actually seem to have a "slic.sh" script in my SLIC installation.
Is this still accurate, and if so, where can I find this script? As a side
note, what does -x mean? (We also might want to update the tutorial to
point to the actual location of StdHEP files, since the location pointed to
currently no longer exists.

Thanks for your assistance,

Kyle