This is an important note about changes I am planning to the build system for slic...

I am planning on completely removing the old build files in the slic, lcdd, and gdml2 CVS projects, as they have all been successfully ported to CMake, with ilcinstall as the integrated build framework instead of SimDist.  Thus the old configuration files for Autoconf are deprecated and becoming out of date.  In any case, Autoconf based builds were becoming somewhat of a maintenance nightmare, especially in terms of cross platform support, and my experience with CMake has in contrast been quite good thusfar.

Once I make these changes, the old SimDist project will be deprecated for use with the current CVS head versions, as well as any subsequent releases.  I never updated it to support CMake, and in my opinion it isn't worth the effort when ilcinstall is more flexible and does an adequate job.  I may even remove the SimDist CVS module, as I would like everyone to transition to using ilcinstall instead.

If there are any major objections to this or questions, then let please me know via one of the mailing lists so these things can be discussed.

--Jeremy