Dear fellow ILCers, past and present, who reside at SLAC

The rest of the world will be celebrating the handover the the Technical Design Report of the ILC to ICFA on Wednesday 12th June and I thought it fitting, as many of us at SLAC spent countless years designing and costing the accelerator, its components and its conventaional facilities, that we have a party here at SLAC, to coincide with the moment that Barry Barish hands the TDR to the chair of the ICFA, Pierre Oddone. That is 17:35 in Illinois and hence 15:35 here in California on Wednesday 12th June.

So please join me at 3:30pm in the Truckee River Conference Room, #206, on the second floor of our new building, 52, the so-called Research Support Building, for cake and soft drinks. Please bring your own tea or coffee. We will reminisce until 4:30pm.

In case you haven't see it, here is the detailed agenda for the celebrations happening in Tokyo, Japan, Geneva, Switzerland and Batavia, Illinois, USA:

https://ilcagenda.linearcollider.org/conferenceOtherViews.py?view=standard&confId=6004

The event at CERN will be webcast, see the above agenda for the link.

If you'd like to see two videos made by two regions of Japan who would like to host the ILC go to this webpage:
http://www.physicscentral.com/buzz/blog/index.cfm?postid=7442499545425180338

Hope those of you at SLAC, birthplace of linear colliders, will join me on the 12th for our own celebration. No need to reply, just turn up, I'll be buying a large cake.

Regards from
Cherrill Spencer, Magnet Engineer at SLAC