Hi Wei

on 26.06.2013 23:18, Yang, Wei wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
> Try to understand your question: is this about something like root_proxy variable? Since you have done a proxy setup so I suppose your question is not about if and how for setting up a proxy. I don't think we currently have this. But I think you can request such a feature to be implemented. In the mean time, I am doing similar things at SLAC by manipulating the NAT table in iptables (modify TCP head so that traffic to host A is sent to host B, etc.)

Yes it is like a root_proxy variable.
I do not know if it will be widely used but maybe idea is interesting.
When everybody and everywhere in HEP switched to  root it might be useful.

In our case:
we have WN's after GW (NAT) in our network and a server outside our
network. We would like to reroute all xroot\root traffic to our WNs GW
through that particular server.

If you have similar setup could you please describe it a little bit.

Best regards,
Victor Kotlyar