Dear NLWCP Colleagues,

Next week is Snowmass, and this email is to give you a brief update on the plans for our subgroup, "New, Light Weakly-Coupled Particles".

-- The NLWCP summary document is still being edited, and will be finalized during and shortly after Snowmass.  We thank many of you for your help (the author list for the document is still being compiled).  As you'll see, our old Intensity Frontier summary report has been helpful in getting this new report together, but besides various updates, there are also several new things.  You can find the current version here:

http://www.snowmass2013.org/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=262

There are still many edits to do, but please send us your comments on the global structure of the document.  In particular, if there are references, ideas, or other important things missing, please let us know.

-- Our subgroup will have a colloquium session next week Friday.  The speakers are Rouven Essig, William Wester, and Nima Arkani-Hamed, followed by a panel discussion and questions from the audience.  See
https://indico.fnal.gov/sessionDisplay.py?contribId=319&sessionId=95&confId=6890#20130802

We will also have three parallel sessions on Wed--Fri morning 7/31 -- 8/2.  Our focus will be on how to improve future searches and why.  This will also inform our summary document.  The schedule can be found here:
http://www.snowmass2013.org/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=264

The general Snowmass schedule is here:
https://indico.fnal.gov/conferenceTimeTable.py?confId=6890#all.detailed

We hope to see many of you next week at Snowmass and look forward to your comments on the document!  We'll post a new version in another week or two.

Best regards,

Rouven, John, William
IF5 (NLWCP) conveners