Dear Rory and Energy Frontier Conveners,

To Rory: Below are the schedules for the Energy Frontier parallel sessions as I understand them at this moment (as of Saturday morning). Please add them to the Indico site and we'll leave it alone until you indicate that you're done. Please tell me that you got this message and let me know when we can start to upload material without getting in your way.

Conveners: These schedules correspond to the times that I sent out yesterday. Having heard nothing, in the time-honored manner I presume that all is good! If not, please notify the whole list, including Rory asap.

After Michael and I meet with each group, we would like to come away with at least the following:

A. an understanding of your top 7 or so topics for inclusion in the summary talk.

o Please send an email with bullets listing them to the whole EF list the evening before our meeting.

B. 5-7 draft slides - or an expectation of receiving them - illustrating the above topics

o I will transfer your materials/ bullets/commentary to my slides for formatting and fitting, so don't waste time on beautification!

C. your conclusions regarding the essential physics cases for
      1. the phase 1 Upgrades of LHC
      2. the phase 2 Upgrades of LHC
      3. a linear e-e+ collider, energy specifications if appropriate
      4. a muon collider
      5. a circular e-e+ collider
      6. a 33 TeV proton collider
      7. a gamma-gamma collider
      8. an e-hadron collider
      9. a VLHC

o 1-3 seem to me to be required arguments for our report and the summary talk. My intention is to have devoted slides that directly summarize the combined cases for all 3, especially highlighting correlations where appropriate. Depending on what you provide, I'll also have slides for 6, 4, and 5. I'll have a single slide for the remainder. Maybe.

o Likewise, please send those in an email message to the whole EF group the night before we meet also. Just bullets. We'll talk about it.

See you in Minneapolis!

Thanks for all your help in anticipation of next week, and for your hard work during the past 9 months!

Michael and Chip

Energy Frontier Parallel Sessions 2013.07.27

Higgs:

Wednesday, 8:30-10:00
- 08:30-10:00 couplings and width discussion (R. van Kooten & J. Qian)

Friday, 8:30-12:00
- 08:30-10:00 double-Higgs (H. Logan)
- 10:00-11:00 spin/parity and mass (A. Gristan)
- 11:00-12:00 BSM (S. Dawson)

Saturday, 8:30-12:00
- 0830-0930 - Meet with Peskin and Brock
- 0930-noon - discussion

Electroweak:

Wednesday, 8:30-10:00
- 08:30-10:00 EW Precision Observables (A. Kotwal and D.Wackeroth)

Friday, 8:30-12:00
- 08:30-10:00 Multi-boson processes, Theory (A. Kotwal and D.Wackeroth)
- 10:00-12:00 Multi-boson processes, Experiment (A. Kotwal and D.Wackeroth)

Saturday, 8:30-12:00
- 08:30-11:00 - group work
- 11:00-12:00 - Meet with Peskin and Brock

Top:

Wednesday, 8.30-10:00
- 08:30-10:00 contributed talks, t tbar resonances; single top and tty (K. Agashe and R. Schwienhorst)

Friday, 8:30-12:00
- 08:30-11:00 general discussion (K. Melnikov and R. Erbacher)
- 11:00-12:00 Meet with Peskin and Brock

Saturday, 8:30-12:00
- 08:30-12:00 discussion (C. Gerber and R. Schwienhorst)

QCD:

Wednesday, 8:30-10
-alphas on the lattice (P. Mackenzie)
-discussion of future alphas determinations (K. Hatakeyama)

Friday 8:30-12:00
-8:30-11:00 discussion (PDFs)/work on report
-10:00-11:00 Meet with Peskin and Brock
-11:00-noon discussion

Saturday 8:30-12:00
-8:30-10:00  discussion (higher order and EWK)/last minute talks
-10:00-12:00 discussion/work on report

New Particles:

Wednesday, 8:30-10:00
- Discussion: overlap session with CF, IF (collect input on NP report)

Friday: 0830-12:00
- Discussion

Saturday: 8:30-12:00
- 08:30-10:00 discussion: public response to input on NP report
- 10:00-11:00 Meet with Peskin and Brock
- 11:00-12:00 discussion

Flavor:

Wednesday, 8:30-10:00
- discussion

Friday: 0830-12:00
- 08:30-09:30 Meet with Peskin and Brock
- 09:30-12:00 discussion

Saturday: 8:30-12:00
- discussion

Raymond Brock  *  University Distinguished Professor
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Michigan State University
Biomedical Physical Sciences
567 WIlson Road, Room 3210
East Lansing, MI  48824
sent from: [log in to unmask]

cell: (517)927-5447
MSU office: (517)353-1693/884-5579
open fax: (517)355-6661
secure fax: (517)351-0688
Fermilab office: (630)840-2286
CERN Office: 32 2-B03 * 76-71756

Twitter: @chipbrock

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the SNOWMASS-EF list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SNOWMASS-EF&A=1