Hi All,

me and Sho found it after a long debug session last night.

It was a bug in lcsim, in the org.lcsim.fit.helicaltrack.HelixParamCalculator. Another one of those famous tracking vs. detector coordinates issues where the helix z0 got the origin from the MC particle in detector x instead of detector z. Since there was no offset from 0 (with beamspot equal to zero) in x it meant that the helix always started out from 0 in the non-bend direction.

I've committed the fix to lcsim. Looking at it more carefully we think it's used in only one more case where it can make a difference (Matt can find it).  I will change the rest of the suspicious cases and commit.

Attached are the same residuals for a case where there is 0 beamspot width, 0 offset. It looks a lot better.

Thanks for the suggestions.

/Pelle

 [cid:1E80CD58-AE00-405B-8428-ADB8C73370C8] [cid:CF4265AF-165F-4473-B116-497E04888176]