Thanks Dmitry,

I'll check the pom.

Dylan

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Dmitry Onoprienko <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dylan,

Please make sure that KpixReader version in the dependency section of the
pom.xml file of the kpix-user project corresponds to the version of
KpixReader that contains your changes to the Geometry class. Also check that
KpixReader has been built locally before trying to build kpix-user.

Regards,
- Dmitry.

From: Dylan Mead [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 2:01 PM
To: Johnson, Tony; Onoprienko, Dmitry; Kyle Travis; kpix-beamtest-software
Subject: version control issue

All,

We are running into some version control issues. Recently Kyle
updated org.hep.io.kpixreader.geom.Geometry.java. For some reason that we
don't understand the methods that have been added recently are not being
found by any other programs that try to call them. We've tried erasing the
target folders, reloading Geometry.java, and recompiling. Nothing is
working. If I had to guess I would think that there is an older version of
Geometry.class that is interfering but I don't know where how or why. Has
anyone run into a problem like this before with maven?

typical error
/home/dylan/temp_checkout/temp_co/kpixuser/src/main/java/org/hep/kpix/oregon
/PeakCounter.java:[45,26] error: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   method getNeighbors(int)
  location: variable geometry of type Geometry

and line 45
int[] nabes = geometry.getNeighbors(channel);

and getNeighbors()
        public int[] getNeighbors(int channel){
        if (!neighborsInitialized) initializeNeighbors();
                return neighborArray[channel];
        }

-Dylan