Dear Chip,

> This would make two points. First, I continue to feel tension between the natural conservatism built into projecting
> with a running, battle-scarred real detector at LHC as
> compared with a highly tuned, but still proposed detector at ILC.
> I also clearly am sensitive to the tension between the very sophisticated ILC proposals and
> the really virtual TLEP ideas.
>What do you think?

I think this is reasonable.

Please note that the ILC projections that are based on full simulation with backgrounds using
current event reconstruction are naturally conservative too. The main reason is that the event reconstruction
while quite sophisticated is still at an early stage compared to a running experiment, and this also applies to
the physics analyses based on full reconstruction.

best
Chip and Michael

Raymond Brock  *  University Distinguished Professor
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Michigan State University
Biomedical Physical Sciences
567 WIlson Road, Room 3210
East Lansing, MI  48824
sent from: [log in to unmask]

cell: (517)927-5447
MSU office: (517)353-1693/884-5579
open fax: (517)355-6661
secure fax: (517)351-0688
Fermilab office: (630)840-2286
CERN Office: 32 2-B03 * 76-71756

Twitter: @chipbrock

[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the SNOWMASS-EF list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SNOWMASS-EF&A=1

--
Graham W. Wilson
Associate Professor