Hi Chip,

We'd like to encourage you to change the "QCD themes" and "QCD messages" sections of your talk to the following items below.  We like these better than what you currently have.

QCD themes:

- A quantitative description of Nature requires a detailed understanding of QCD phenomenology.
- The discovery of the Higgs boson illustrated the indispensable role of the QCD community in enabling discovery science.
- Quantitative QCD analyses will become ever more crucial in unraveling the origin of what we have found.

QCD messages:

-Improvement in our current understanding of PDFs is needed in both the `precision region' relevant for Higgs boson studies and in the `discovery region' of multi-TeV masses.  The latter will be addressed by future LHC studies while the former is more difficult due to already-strong current constraints.

-Higher precision calculations are needed to fully realize the potential of the LHC and future hadron colliders.  Further progress is required on fixed-order calculations to next-to-next to leading order and beyond in the QCD coupling constant, and on the resummation of large logarithms that appear in observables where the available phase space is restricted.  The inclusion of electroweak corrections into theoretical simulation programs is mandatory for physics studies in future high energy proton-proton collisions. Unravelling the identity of the Higgs boson requires further advances in our QCD calculational abilities.

-The most recent lattice and continuum determinations of $\alpha_s$, $m_b$ and $m_c$ could be used to immediately reduce the parametric uncertainties in predictions for Higgs boson decay rates.  Future precision determinations from both the lattice and experiment could reduce the error on $\alpha_s$ to 0.1\%.

Please find the slides we would like you to use at the following sites.  We thought quite a bit about this last night, and would prefer these to what you're currently using.

http://www.hep.anl.gov/fpetriello/summary.pdf
http://www.hep.anl.gov/fpetriello/summary.key

A set of notes for these slides emphasizing the main points is attached as a text file.  If you must cut some, please cut in the following order: first slide 7; then slide 4.

Thanks,
John, Ken, Joey, Frank

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the SNOWMASS-EF list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SNOWMASS-EF&A=1