Dear Colleagues,

Several people asked me questions about who should be on the author lists
of the working group reports.  Here is the policy that I suggested.  If you
have objections or changes, please let's discuss it on this list in a future
phone meeting.

The template for the working group reports lists conveners and then other
authors.  People who participated in the activity of the working group should
be included in this latter author list.   This would include all people who submitted
white papers and all people who gave talks at your working group meetings
(with an opt-out possibility).   I would appreciate it you would offer
authorship (on an opt-in basis) to everyone on your working group mailing list.

The white papers from ATLAS and CMS contribute to all of your studies.
I recommend the structure:

authors:  A. Abt, B. Baltimore, C. Crosby,  ... ,  Z. Zakurin,

     and the ATLAS Collaboration and the CMS Collaboration

I believe that the white paper from ILC, CLIC, Muon Collider, and other groups have explicit
author lists of finite length.  These author lists can be included in your broader author list.
If you feel that there are exceptions -- groups whose author lists are too long, so that they
need to be included as collaborations -- please reply to this list to point them out.

Thanks,

Michael

  Michael E. Peskin                           [log in to unmask]
  HEP Theory Group, MS 81                       -------
  SLAC National Accelerator Lab.        phone: 1-(650)-926-3250
  2575 Sand Hill Road                       fax:     1-(650)-926-2525
  Menlo Park, CA 94025 USA              www.slac.stanford.edu/~mpeskin/