Hi Graham,
    The 8% precision on the Higgs self-coupling from VLHC comes from white paper submitted
by Wei-Ming Yao and this analysis reproduces the results for HL-LHC and extends the analysis
to HE-LHC and VLHC.  Jianming is away, but knows the status of the documentation for that
analysis (which I gather you have not seen).
It is true that there is another potential source for higher precision on the Higgs self-coupling.
The 6 TeV muon collider has the potential to achieve 2% and if this white paper contribution
arrives in time with the full background simulation, then we will revise that conclusion point.
Best,
Chris