Comments on the questions:

Question 1: This looks like it has not been changed from V4. Like Ashutosh, I found it a little vague. It is not obvious to me what research in our field is addressing these questions. Also, I think it does not do justice to just how fundamental the Higgs is, how we now see everything through Chip's Higgs glasses. Suggested paragraph:

1. Is the Higgs boson solely responsible for the mass of all elementary particles? Are there additional Higgs bosons? Is the Higgs particle elementary or composite? The Higgs boson has potential connections to many of the other questions below. Can we experimentally establish these connections?

Question 9: Also unchanged. I think it should refer more to principles and big ideas rather than particles. Suggested new paragraph:

9. What are the principles that determine the Higgs boson mass scale? Naturalness of this scale motivates new spacetime symmetries associated with supersymmetry or extra dimensions, or compositeness of the Higgs, all of which predict new particles at the TeV scale. Can we establish these principles experimentally if these new particles are discovered? Can these particles provide clues to the pattern of quark and lepton mixing and CP violation?

Markus Luty

Physics Department
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue