Begin forwarded message:

From: Stepan Stepanyan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: September 4, 2013, 1:06:45 PM PDT
To: "McCormick, Jeremy I." <[log in to unmask]>, Maurik Holtrop <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: conditions db discussion

Hello Jeremy,

Unfortunately none of experts here can be at the meeting tomorrow.
Hovanes is on vacation and Sergei has another commitments.

I looked through your presentation from last meeting and discussed it
with Sergei. It seems what you want to do with EXO is already exist here
at JLAB. Accelerator group has nice arxiver, mysql based, that will arxive
with 1 Hz frequency any EPICS accessible variable. We (Hall-B) has plans to
store our EPICS information on that arxiv.  It will have everything
necessary
for browsing, displaying, accessing etc.
In addition, Ssergei will push some of run-critical EPICS stuff into
data stream
every 10 or 20 seconds (must be decided).

I am not against developing parallel arxivers, what I am trying to avoid
is to have DAQ and EPCS guys to have additional work to write the same
data into some unknown to them (and many of us) system.

Regards, Stepan