The 10x10 near neighbor query will take a while. The last time we tried it, it took 7 hours before finishing(perhaps even then with errors), and the data set was much much less dense.

-------- Original message --------
From: Douglas Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 09/20/2013 6:00 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: "Becla, Jacek" <[log in to unmask]>,Serge Monkewitz <[log in to unmask]>,qserv-l <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [QSERV-L] testing on 300nodes.

Jacek -

So, not sure what to say here.  But the instabilities of the 300node
cluster this week, is making the testing just not go anywhere.  I can't
get the cluster to remain stable over a full set of tests, so I can't get
all the tests that you've asked for.  And a longer test, like of a
10x10deg. area of near neighbor query, doesn't really make sense,
since I can't tell if the query is taking a long time or I am waiting
for the workers that are hanging.

Serge is now looking at the cluster, but it is late in the day on Friday
here, and you wanted numbers.  I have numbers for test queries
at 300nodes, but not at other number of nodes.

Serge may come back to me here, and testing can go again, and
you can have lots more numbers by Mon., but not sure what you
might want us to do now?

Douglas