I really insist that we don't make it necessary for shifters to interpret
plots. As much as possible, monitoring app components should be doing that
(e.g. fitting plots and comparing to nominal values). There should be a
standard way for monitoring app components to report those results, and
that presumably involves some software interface that monitoring app
components implement, and some GUI code in the monitoring app. Those are
the "define interfaces" and "shifter interface" items respectively.

Some amount of subsystem monitoring is going to have to be done in the
monitoring app - for example, SVT alignment should be monitored using
online tracking.

Wired event display is an online display. I'm not the one who came up with
that requirement; the people who think it's important (I don't remember
who) should clarify.

It makes sense to break down the conditions system tasks. So far I'm
hearing "use new conditions system in existing SVT software" "use new
conditions system in existing ECal software" and "set up conditions
database at JLab." Can you identify people who will take charge of each
task? (I assume Omar and I are the natural choices for the first two.)
Anything else?

I'm opening this up to hps-software because I think we need a general
discussion of monitoring before we can start on some of these items.