I’m back to doing some work on the monitoring app, and I’m seeing something strange...

I have noticed that in the EVIO files for the test run, there are always a few events in the beginning of the run for which the EvioReader returns a null EvioEvent without throwing any kind of error.  Since this class is a complete black box to me, I wonder if anyone can tell me why this might be happening?  Does the problem sound familiar?

It seems I can simply skip over these problematic events without any adverse effects, but ideally this situation should result in an exception being thrown.  I would like to be able to pre-check events for characteristics that will cause this problem and discard them if this is going to happen, but right now I can’t tell what exactly is going wrong.

For now, I’ll just have the app print a message to the log table.

Thanks.

—Jeremy