This is not a bug but more of a question.
I see that the old xrdcp command used to set the permissions on the newly created files as: -rw- r-- r-- i.e 644 but the new xrdcopy seems to use by default rw- --- --- i.e. 600. I just had some of my old test failing because of this... since the stat information returned for such a file fails the IsReadable test.
Is this on purpose?

eg.
[esindril@pcitdss1401 ~]$ xrdcopy -f /etc/passwd root://localhost:1091//tmp/demo.dat

[esindril@pcitdss1401 ~]$ ls -lrt /tmp/demo.dat
-rw-------. 1 xrootd xrootd 2199 Oct 9 16:49 /tmp/demo.dat

while with the old one:
[esindril@pcitdss1401 ~]$ xrdcp -f /etc/passwd root://localhost:1091//tmp/demo1.dat
[esindril@pcitdss1401 ~]$ ls -lrt /tmp/demo1.dat
-rw-r--r--. 1 xrootd xrootd 2199 Oct 9 16:49 /tmp/demo1.dat