Hi Yannick,

On Fri, 4 Oct 2013, Yannick Patois wrote:

> Le 04/10/2013 02:19, Andrew Hanushevsky a écrit :
>> 1) Your configuration file has to allow reading the file from where it
>> was placed,
>
> Should that line solve this (from our current setup):
> xrootd.export /
Exporting that eliminates any possibility that this is the problem.

>> 2) The owner has to be the same the user running xrootd (or at least the
>> file has to be readable by that user)
>
> Fine.
So, presumably that isn't the issue.

>> 3) If you use an authorization scheme (I don't think you use the xrootd
>> scheme), privileges have to be correct.
>
> That's a key point. For a "normal" operation, the command comes from the
> DPM  head-node, and afaik the authentication/authorization has been done
> at that level and some secured transaction between the head and the disk
> server allow it to be acknowledged on the disk-server (using the
> dpmxrd-sharedkey). Here I cannot use this mechanism that is currently
> configured...
So, here I get a bit confused. Is that the problem? If so, which version
of the xroot client are you using? There was an issue with an old
clientthat didn't forward the extra tokens on a redirect. That may be the
problem. David Smith has the details on this.

Andy