Hello Norman,

The batch system we use is OpenPBS and works by submitting a shell script to the batch system, which then distributes the process to a node. I have attached a sample script that gets passed to the batch system as well as the stdout and stderr that came from running it. The variable GDML_SCHEMA_DIR correctly resolves as "/net/data/taro/kylem/schema/" which contains all of the XSD files.

Thanks,

Kyle

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Graf, Norman A. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello Kyle,

As far as I know this should work. Can you provide more information

on exactly how you are running slic, where the schemas are located

locally and whether GDML_SCHEMA_DIR resolves correctly?

Norman

From: Kyle McCarty [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 9:10 AM
To: Graf, Norman A.
Cc: hps-software
Subject: Re: Running SLIC Locally

Hello Norman,

I tried your suggestion and I am still getting a similar problem. It now gives the error:

fatal error:  systemId:  line: 0 column: 0
unable to connect socket for URL 'http://www.lcsim.org/schemas/gdml/1.0/gdml.xsd'
fatal error:  systemId: file:///net/home/mccaky/data/schema//lcdd.xsd line: 18 column: 80
fatal error during schema scan

-------- EEEE ------- G4Exception-START -------- EEEE -------
*** G4Exception :
      issued by :
Failed to get the world volume.
*** Fatal Exception *** core dump ***
-------- EEEE -------- G4Exception-END --------- EEEE -------

*** G4Exception: Aborting execution ***

The file "lcdd.xsd" does exist at the indicated directory, so it seems that SLIC is having trouble finding it there, for some reason.

- Kyle