Jacek,

	Some thoughts, as I see it:

1) The DRP Coordinator (a person) and/or the DBA create all tables for
the DRP results before it starts (using a script based on the
agreed-upon pre-defined schema for the DRP).

2) Note that we will have single-sky-tile tables at first which can be
dropped (or perhaps kept, if desired) as the main production starts up.

3) The DRP must autonomously ingest data into the existing tables as it
progresses.  No human intervention should be necessary to do this.

4) If SDQA discovers a problem that requires dropping data and replacing
it with new data, the DRP Coordinator and/or the DBA will pause
automatic data ingestion while the fix occurs.

5) It's not clear to me that there's a useful distinction between
"internally released" and "public release" databases/tables.  What do
you see as being the differences, and aren't they handled already by
things like access rights and network connectivity?

6) It's not clear to me that there's a useful distinction between "L2"
and "L3" databases.  Aren't these differences also handled by
the distributed/non-distributed distinction and access rights?

--
Kian-Tat Lim, LSST Data Management, [log in to unmask]