Hi all,
I would like to notify a few issues I met when trying to install the hps
software following the new prescriptions given on the updated confluence
page. I apologize if they could again sound trivial to most of you, but as
a beginner unfortunately I am still somehow confused. My install is on
linux, 64 bits (slc6 and kubuntu). Probably they are not even issues, but I
cannot judge. I had previously installed everyting under cvs and all was
more or less working, then I scratched everything as suggested by Jeremy
and restart afresh. My doubts:

1) I checked out the hps trunk, compiled following the instructions. I
assumed this procedure could do everything... but I feel I miss some
parts. For instance, lcsim. How do I know it was correctly compiled?
Where is the executable supposed to be placed?
I just can find some source files, but if I look to some lcsim classes
(like org.lcsim.hps.examples, to start looking at some data), I cannot
find them. Do I have to install each package anc compile it separately,
instead of downloading the full trunk, as I did in the cvs case?

2) next step: the "distribution" part is suggested to be checked out, and
compiled. But, isn't it included in the trunk stuff I just downloaded?
Do really I need a new one? (I doubt so, but I am confused)

3) I tried to download a few data files for some tests, but I cannot find
them anywhere (for instance, a few signal event files, even if I search
for them on the slac cluster... the directory
hps/mgraham/DarkPhoton/SignalEvents/... doesn't seem to be existing
anymore). Can they be made available again, or can you suggest a new
location where to get them?

I also have a few issues with eclipse (so I am not able to follow the new
instructions on the confluence page), but I think they are still related
to my own installation, so before alerting I need to check better and
spend more time (hopefully, not much) on it.

Thanks a lot for your help!
And great holidays to everybody!
     Alessandra