I have rewritten the build instructions for the HPS Java packages:

https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/Installing+HPS+Software

This can be used as a complete guide for checking out and building all the Java software locally.

There were major changes including the move to SVN, as well as a new Maven module structure,
so the old page was almost totally obsolete.  Most of the content that was not incorporated was
removed.  (It is still available via the old revisions though should you need it.)

I just verified that a complete module build works fine after removing my local Maven repository
e.g. by executing something like the following:

rm -rf ~/.m2/repository
cd /scratch
svn co svn://svn.freehep.org/hps/java/trunk hps_trunk
cd hps_trunk
mvn clean install

This build succeeds for me, which indicates that “bootstrapping” everything seems to be working fine.

I also moved the section on building SLIC to a subpage, but it was not heavily modified:

https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/Installing+SLIC

If you have any questions or comments about the instructions or building the software in general,
then please send them to this list.

—Jeremy