Fabrice et al.,

	I think we're moving towards having eups and the entire LSST
stack use the system Python (and numpy and scipy and possibly astropy).
So your option 1 (which is what the LSST stack currently uses) will go
away.  I'm not yet sure if we will want virtualenv (your option 3); I
think most probably not.

--
Kian-Tat Lim, LSST Data Management, [log in to unmask]