Hello Jacek,

I see at least 3 solutions :

1. re-building python : it's a bit awkward because eups already needs python
and this implies python is already installed on the environnement before
installing eups.
Furthermore, if eups install a python version it is not compatible with,
it will nevertheless swith to use
it (instead of system python) and then fails.

2. use systemp python : there's example file in HSC build script. The
problem with this solution
is that the install tool may have to manage conflict between system
python libs and eups-installed python libs.

3. use virtualenv : i think it's a good solution, but eups can't do this
at the moment.

Maybe it would be a good idea to make eups always run with system
python, indeed it would solve point 1. and 3.
I can test quickly if it work by updating eups source (in peculiar eups
executable which invoke python), and them put a ticket so that
eups install tools take in account this improvment.

If this solution is too complicated, i will then try point 2.

Do you think this proposal is reasonable ?

Have a nice day,

Fabrice