On 12/18/13 17:15 , Kian-Tat Lim wrote:
>> Having it be similar (preferably, identical) would help with adoption by
>> end-users, for Level 3.
>
> 	That may require writing a non-trivial adaptation layer, which
> may not be a bad thing.

It'd be great if we could avoid inventing a new Python API when there
already is one that the users (and us) will be familiar with.

Adding a thin layer that makes the log4cxx look like the most commonly
used methods of logging.Logger interface would go a long way. I'm
thinking of Logger.info, Logger.log, and logging.getLogger(), etc.

> This would primarily be for the logging itself;
> adapting the filtering/formatting portions would I think be quite
> difficult.

I agree, those are less interesting to a casual user-developer.

Just a thought...,
--
Mario Juric,
Data Mgmt. Project Scientist, Large Synoptic Survey Telescope