As I mentioned in the "kXR_locate error messages on exported paths" thread on
github, there were some "funny" things happening to me when doing "xrdfs ls" to
various AAA services.

There are, it turns out, two sources of problems:

1. Something to do with network configuration of slc5 nodes at UCSD. It all
works ok at& SLAC (on slc5) and also at UCSD with slc6. Sigh, etc. The problem
arises for all server versions (tried 3.3.3, 3.3.x, master) and it manifests
slightly differently for 3.3.x clients and for clients from the master -- but it
is always opening of the second connection that fails. Do the logs below help
anybody to imagine what could be wrong? I somehow suspect ipv4 / ipv6 mess but I
don't know enough about this to know how to really check this.

1a. Connecting with 3.3.3 client, error is "host not found":
http://uaf-2.t2.ucsd.edu/~matevz/xrd/ls-fun/3.3.3-slc5--3.3.3-slc5.clog
http://uaf-2.t2.ucsd.edu/~matevz/xrd/ls-fun/3.3.3-slc5--3.3.3-slc5.clogstrace

1b. Connecting with master client, error is "connection timeout"
http://uaf-2.t2.ucsd.edu/~matevz/xrd/ls-fun/3.3.3-slc5--master-f19.clog
http://uaf-2.t2.ucsd.edu/~matevz/xrd/ls-fun/3.3.3-slc5--master-f19.clogstrace

2. xrootd-hdfs plugin does not support the ls operation. I confirmed this by
running ls on UFL which is the only AAA US site that does not use hdfs.
I'll investigate this further when I get to it.

Cheers,
Matevz